Senior iOS (Swift) Developer
// Who are we?
EVezy is an electric vehicle subscription service, the first in the UK to offer the ability to swap the vehicle you are driving on-demand using our app. Access is replacing ownership and unlike traditional car-share solutions, EVezy customers have access to an electric vehicle 100% of the time. One flat fee covers all vehicle-related costs including electricity, with a rolling monthly subscription meaning customers have more flexibility than owning a vehicle. By managing the entire user experience, right from our own keyless entry software to having our own dedicated fleet and charge points also means EVezy offers a unique, all-inclusive vehicle service.
Founded in 2016, our exciting start-up comprises of a diverse team who strive for transparency and excellence in everything we do. Having already had two rounds of investment, EVezy is well positioned to quickly expand in this new sector. If you're interested in shaping an expanding business at the cutting edge of the exploding mobility market and you're eager to make a difference, we’d love to hear from you.
// What are we doing?
The shared mobility market is already worth over £20 billion and forecast to be the highest growth market within automotive over the next decade. Through two brands, EVezy for the general public and rentE for Uber drivers, we have built a car sharing platform that is making the future of mobility a reality now, with ambitious plans to grow into an international brand.
// The Role
We’re looking for a truly collaborative developer, delivering across the entire app life cycle, from concept, design, build, deploy and test, right through to release to the App Store and support. As a Senior iOS Developer, you’ll be working closely alongside our CTO to further the design and development of our keyless iOS applications using the Swift programming language. You'll use this post to advise and help drive the development team and ensure milestones are delivered.
You will be encouraged to share ideas regularly, no idea is a bad idea. In this ever-growing business, there will be regular opportunities to see your ideas come to life as fully fledged features. We are keen to involve you in collaborative work to continuously find new and innovative ways to improve the customer journey.
- Develop and extend the reach of our existing iOS applications while helping to define the roadmap for future apps;
- Collaborate with our CTO and design colleagues to deliver exceptional apps and continue to optimise their performance post-release;
- Develop and produce functional solutions in accordance with architecture design standards and code standards;
- Work alongside other developers to ensure delivery of all requirements;
- Drive continuous improvements in the team resulting in greater efficiency, quality and productivity.
// Skills and experience
- Computer Science degree or equivalent;
- 2+ years commercial iOS development experience (iOS SDK, Xcode & Swift);
- Demonstrable experience of working with standard iOS frameworks, 3rd party libraries and APIs;
- Knowledge of web technologies and web services (e.g. HTTPS, JSON, REST);
- Reactive programming using RxSwift and RxCocoa;
- Ability to deliver solutions with iOS UI/UX principles in mind;
- Quality-led approach to development (UI/Unit Testing);
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies;
- Solid understanding and practical knowledge of the full mobile development and application lifecycle;
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organisation and external 3rd parties/suppliers;
- Understanding and experience of the software development lifecycle and code repositories such as git, including branching and merging flows;
- Deep understanding of how to write maintainable code and the importance of testing;
- Excellent English language communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate effectively with a technical and non-technical audience;
- A desire to put a stamp on a product which we want to make the greatest on the planet.
- Working with external hardware as an application dependency;
- Building complex custom UI;
- Bluetooth integration;
- Working with Continuous Integration workflows.
// Personal characteristics
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities individually and on behalf of the team;
- Committed and enthusiastic in regards to the job/contract at hand, quality of work and getting the job done is your motivator;
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Collaborative approach and willingness to compromise to find solutions;
- A results oriented individual who thrives working in a fast paced environment and maintains a calm approach and sound judgement when operating under pressure;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Highest levels of integrity;
- Sense of humour.
// What we can offer
- The opportunity to become one of the early employees at an ultra-fast-growing, exciting startup changing the mobility and automotive landscape
- A competitive salary with further performance-related bonuses
- Contribution to Personal Pension Scheme
- Competitive annual leave allowance
If you believe you have what it takes, then please apply today!