Senior Django Developer
// Who are we?
EVezy is an electric vehicle subscription service, the first in the UK to offer the ability to swap the vehicle you are driving on-demand using our app. Access is replacing ownership and unlike traditional car-share solutions, EVezy customers have access to an electric vehicle 100% of the time. One flat fee covers all vehicle-related costs including electricity, with a rolling monthly subscription meaning customers have more flexibility than owning a vehicle. By managing the entire user experience, right from our own keyless entry software to having our own dedicated fleet and charge points also means EVezy offers a unique, all-inclusive vehicle service.
Founded in 2016, our exciting start-up comprises of a diverse team who strive for transparency and excellence in everything we do. Having already had two rounds of investment, EVezy is well positioned to quickly expand in this new sector. If you're interested in shaping an expanding business at the cutting edge of the exploding mobility market and you're eager to make a difference, we’d love to hear from you.
// What are we doing?
The shared mobility market is already worth over £20 billion and forecast to be the highest growth market within automotive over the next decade. Through two brands, EVezy for the general public and rentE for Uber drivers, we have built a car sharing platform that is making the future of mobility a reality now, with ambitious plans to grow into an international brand.
// The Role
We’re looking for an ambitious self-starter with a curious mindset to come and join our team. As a Midweight / Senior Developer, you’ll be working closely alongside our CTO to further the design and development of our backend systems. You'll use this post to lead and drive the development team and ensure milestones are delivered. You will be encouraged to share ideas regularly, no idea is a bad idea. In this ever-growing business, there will be regular opportunities to see your ideas come to life as fully fledged features. We are keen to involve you in collaborative work to continuously find new and innovative ways to improve the customer journey.
- Design, build and test enhancements to EVezy’s core product line integrating Django, PostgreSQL, Stripe and fleet manipulation via REST APIs;
- Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide support and troubleshooting as necessary for the development team and clients;
- Analyse and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of current system;
- Act as point of contact for technical issues for specific work streams within a project;
- Write unit tests and documentation;
- Work with other teams to help drive our common technical roadmap;
- Provide technical guidance to other team members, review work of peers and more junior developers;
- Protect company assets by keeping information confidential;
- Undertake other reasonable tasks as directed and necessary for the running of the company.
// Skills and experience
- Computer Science degree or equivalent;
- 2+ years of Django experience with knowledge of various Libraries, APIs and toolkits;
- Experience using REST APIs;
- Understanding and experience of the software development lifecycle and code repositories such as git, including branching and merging flows;
- Deep understanding of how to write maintainable code and the importance of testing;
- Excellent English language communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate effectively with a technical and non-technical audience.
- Experience using OAuth2;
- Experience using Django-cms and Zurb Foundation 6;
- Experience with server administration over SSH;
- Experience with UI Development;
- Experience of using project management tools such as Teamwork.
// Personal characteristics
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities individually and on behalf of the team;
- Committed and enthusiastic in regards to the job/contract at hand, quality of work and getting the job done is your motivator;
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Collaborative approach and willingness to compromise to find solutions;
- A results oriented individual who thrives working in a fast paced environment and maintains a calm approach and sound judgement when operating under pressure;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Highest levels of integrity;
- Sense of humour.
// What we can offer.......
- The opportunity to become one of the early employees at an ultra-fast-growing, exciting startup changing the mobility and automotive landscape
- A competitive salary with further performance-related bonuses
- Contribution to Personal Pension Scheme
- Competitive annual leave allowance
If you believe you have what it takes, then please apply today!