// Who are we?
Evezy is an electric vehicle subscription service, the first in the UK to offer the ability to swap the vehicle you are driving on-demand using our app. Access is replacing ownership and unlike traditional car-share solutions, Evezy customers have access to an electric vehicle 100% of the time. One flat fee covers all vehicle-related costs including electricity, with a rolling monthly subscription meaning customers have more flexibility than owning a vehicle. By managing the entire user experience, right from our own keyless entry software to having our own dedicated fleet and charge points also means Evezy offers a unique, all-inclusive vehicle service.
Founded in 2016, our exciting start-up comprises of a diverse team who strive for transparency and excellence in everything we do. Having already had two rounds of investment, EVezy is well positioned to quickly expand in this new sector. If you're interested in shaping an expanding business at the cutting edge of the exploding mobility market and you're eager to make a difference, we’d love to hear from you.
// What are we doing?
The shared mobility market is already worth over £20 billion and forecast to be the highest growth market within the automotive over the next decade. Through two brands, Evezy for retail customers and rentE for private hire taxi drivers, we have built a car sharing platform that is making the future of mobility a reality now, with ambitious plans to grow into an international brand.
// The Role
As we scale, we’re looking for an inspirational Financial Controller to oversee our finance function. This is a key hire within the business, and will work closely with the other members of the senior management team on operational, commercial and strategic projects.
This role will suit you if you’re a qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA), SME / startup focused, and you’ve already been the Finance lead in a fast growing tech business and ideally, also have experience in automotive / vehicle leasing. You should be able to grasp what it means to head up a Finance function in a company such as ours, understand its complexities and challenges, and work with the team to capitalise on the best opportunities that lay before us as we grow. You’ll potentially get involved in raising funds as well. The role will need the lean and agile approach of working in a fast-growing scaleup, but also the professionalism required to work with the CEO to deliver results to the board, oversee audits and cover other such requirements of a venture-backed business. Previous experience in a venture-backed business similar to ours would be beneficial.
// Main Duties
As part of your day to day responsibilities you’ll also take the lead on:
- Implementation of robust financial controls, and the delivery of timely financial and management reporting to CEO and Board of Directors.
- Day to day management of a small Finance team, currently outsourced. Depending on budget, you may wish to bring some of this outsourced function in-house.
- Development of policies and procedures to aid best practice and deliver a highly efficient Finance function.
- Management of cash flow, and our annual budgeting and financial planning process, and the delivery of quarterly/monthly forecasts and updates.
- The provision of insightful commercial and financial analysis to facilitate key decisions across the business.
- Liaison with external auditors and the management of our audit process. Other strategic and hands-on duties, as required, such as involvement in raising funds, cost control, dealing with external parties - negotiation and due diligence as relevant.
- International expansion, setting up entities or divisions .
// What we are looking for in the successful candidate......
You’ll be entrepreneurial, energetic and also humble and diplomatic. You’ll be strategic but be able to offer a hands-on approach, rolling up your sleeves and working long hours when deadlines need to be met. You’ll offer vision on how we grow, but you’ll love the detail, and your exceptional commercial and strategic insight will be invaluable in making key decisions as we move through our journey.
You’ll have owned and built a Finance Function in another fast-moving technology business, as a Financial Controller, Head of Finance or CFO, and helped it to scale. Ideally you’ll also have some automotive and/or vehicle leasing experience. You’ll also have the following:
- An Accountancy qualification - ACA, CIMA or ACCA.
- Experience in establishing a small, but effective Finance team, reporting infrastructure and financial systems in a growing business.
- Experience in key decision making, provided deep commercial insights through your strong, demonstrable analytical/modelling skills. These will enable you to compile and present robust business cases and associated financial information for large deals and negotiation of contracts/pricing proposals.
- You’ll have strong communications skills which will allow you to negotiate with external parties, manage legal contracts and present to the rest of the Board.
- You’ll have managed cash flow, OPEX and CAPEX in a small business, and developed financial controls that deliver timely, accurate, management and financial reporting.
- Ideally you’ll have managed funding rounds.
- You’ll display tact and diplomacy and lead by example. You’ll be able to guide and act as a true Business Partner to our CEO and other members of the SMT. You’ll be a natural leader, but also self-effacing in your team-orientated approach.
- We’re a small team, and we roll our sleeves up when we need to, so it’s absolutely essential that you’re hands-on.
- Incredibly organised, you’ll never miss a deadline.
- You’ll encourage your team to be the best that they can be, and help them find ways to do this. You’ll love nurturing and developing others.
// What we can offer.......
- The opportunity to become one of the early employees at an ultra-fast-growing, exciting startup changing the mobility and automotive landscape
- A competitive salary with further performance-related bonuses
- Contribution to Personal Pension Scheme
- Competitive annual leave allowance
If you believe you have what it takes, then please apply today!